Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Thursday, November 26, 2020

It's Thanks Giving time again

By SJ Otto

It's finally time to post something on this blog. And there is no better time than Thanksgiving for such an extravaganza. I don’t plan to travel or cook. I am visiting Cam at the hospital. I’ve been drinking my favourite herbal tea. I just can’t go wrong with that. I bought a 6 year old bottle of wine for today, a few days ago. It is hussonet, cabernet Sauvignon. It wasn’t very expensive, but it is not that impressive for a 6 year old wine. John MIGHT come over and we might buy a turkey dinner for something else to eat. John made a good point that we can just as easily have a dinner some other day than this and just pretend that day is the holiday. As I get older, holidays as this one just are not as important as they once were. I started to watch the Macy’s Parade, but I got side tracked and missed most of it. Mad Magazine used to make fun of it as “Messy’s Thanks giving Day Parade”—complete with a drunken Santa saying “Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Happy Ground Hog Day, Happy Arbour Day!” And there are a bunch of booze bottles in the sled. It was a very funny spoof.







No comments: