Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Thursday, February 11, 2016

I was told that Americans not locking their cars is not a movie thing, but actually a real cultural thing. Is this right?



Leonid S. Knyshovfixes his own cars:
.

One of my cars is a BMW convertible.
Replacing its damaged automatic soft top would cost me thousands of dollars. Replacing its windows would cost hundreds. There is nothing you can steal from that car and so it has its doors unlocked. It has an on-board computer that will ask you to enter an ignition unlock code when you insert a valid key with a valid chip.
Not my video, but it's the same part. Song choice would have been similar too. ;)


This shows the major parts of my soft top. The biggest challenge is calibrating the system. It relies on fragile hidden microswitches. BMW Convertible Top Adjustment and Repair
Rebuilding the engine is easier than replacing this top.


No comments: