Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Monday, February 19, 2007

毛-ist counter-culture Freak in Wonderland

I don’t usually just repost something intended for Myspace people here on this blog. But this is different. I feel there is something to this blog that taught me a great lesson in humanity and self esteem. So I’m reposting it despite the fact that it has no real significance to this blog.


February 11, 2007
So I meet my contractual obligations for my book deal. I sent in the book and all the required information as instructed by Americanpusher's e-mailed instructions.
I'm glad I sent that stuff in, because getting another book published is about the only thing that kept me sane in an otherwise insane week. Besides the usual wise ass kids I have to deal with (worst is middle school) as a sub teacher, there are the usual personal problems:
Then there's the stunning revelation…yes once again I feel like Alice in wonderland where nothing is what it seems to be. Babies turn to pigs, caterpillars refuse to believe they will turn to butterflies and the red queen and her court are just a pack of playing cards.
But what if the perceived cards of my space are real people, not robots or cardboard cutouts?
Suddenly I'm not just a joker on the back of a playing card. The façade lifts and I'm a real person and so are the others around me, even if they don't live close by.
People states away are as real as I am. I just can't reach out and touch them.
You would thinks that is so obvious, but with the constant bombardment of fake people and scam artists trying to lure us in to something that only appears to be real, just as the red queen for Alice, that after a while some of us just assume everyone is a playing card.

Actually it's really nice to find out that some people are real and not fake. Even if I live miles from someone or half a world away, I can still consider them my friend and treat them as a real person.
It's really not so bad to find the best in people instead of always finding the worst.



AND THE REACTION:

oh,it's no magical mushroom or a shaking Queen's fist,it's only your life,dual as your career and personal feelings of success may be,there you are seeing the looking glass,and probably for what it really is...
btw-i have missed you,Steve,sorry i have been away!
Posted by Jane Crown on Friday, February 16, 2007




No comments: