Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

More from "the spoken word" on Kirby's open mike night

By SJ Otto
It's been a while, but I finally made it to Kirby's Beer Store Open Mic Night, here in Wichita, this last Tuesday night. I usually use some props or some type of gimmick so it is more than just reading poems, or as I like to call it "performance art." But I ran short of time to get props, such as a cowboy hat for my Ronald Reagan ditty. So I just read the poems, or as us artsy people say, "I did spoken word."
It was a great night. We had a lot of musicians. Kirby's has a comedian open mic night on Monday. So I was the only one making talk in a joking manor.
The one new poem I read was:

Rap Clap

I wrote some rap,
It sounds like crap,
But it rimes,
And that's not grimes,
It's all that matters,
Just like TV with Jerry Mathers,
There's a butcher, a backer and a candle stick maker,
Hanging out with old Jim Baker,
He's a con and religious faker,
Cooking oats with lots of quakers,
I got a mac 9 commin' atcha'
Shoot off a round gonna' scratch ya,
Cruisen' wit my homeys,
And checken' out the ladies,
Cause after all, I'm just young and real horny,
I'm gonna vote and that's no joke,
Hillary or Trump I'm gonna choke,
50 dead in Orlando,
But I profit off the radio,
Kill 50 gays and you are evil,
Give lots of speeches cause you're the devil,
50 gays go to their grave,
You go to congress and your career is saved.

I did some poems from my earlier Poetry Corner posts such as:

"I Don't need reality, I got Dancing with the Stars"





To revisit these poems just click on the titles.


And of course we have this candid action shot of me doing my "spoken word."

No comments: