Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Friday, October 14, 2016

Bob Dylan wins a Nobel Prize for literature

By SJ Otto
Bob Dylan is about my favourite lyricist. One of my favourite songs of all time is It’s All Right, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding). I like the way Dylan strings words together. I wish I had the talent to do it the way he does.

Some of my favourite lyrics:


And if my thought-dreams could been seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.
Here are some of my favourite songs and an intro to a piece from the Rolling Stone Magazine. 

Why Bob Dylan Deserves His Nobel Prize

Rolling Stone
Congratulations to Bob Dylan, surprise winner of the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature. This is easily the most controversial award since they gave it to the guy who wrote Lord of the Flies, which was controversial only because it came next after the immensely popular 1982 prize for Gabriel García Márquez. Nobody can read the minds of the Nobel committee – it's not that kind of award. You can't argue that Dylan jumped the line in front of more deserving candidates, because there's no internal logic to the process. Like most literary Nobels, except much more so, it comes out of the blue, giving Dylan fans a whole new glorious enigma to battle over. So settle in. This argument will take us years. If you're looking to get silly, you better go back to from where you came.

For the rest click here.

It’s Alright Ma
A Hard Rain Gonna Fall

Bob Dylan Hurricane

No comments: