Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

What Ever

Well X-mass is over, thank god, goddess or dialectic materialism. I don't feel like running any more plugs or adds for my book. People can still get it, the add on the front will be there some time and its still available from the publisher for $12.25 or something like that.

Last year I ran some reviews, this year some excerpts and to be honest, I'm sick of being a huckster, at least for a while.

I feel like getting back to the things I like----insulting stupid politicians, trying to overthrow the government, helping people overthrow their own crummy governments and in general inflicting chaos when and where ever.

Pierre-Joseph Proudhon supposedly said out of chaos or anarchy would grow order.

Fuck order.

I work in high schools were students are not afraid to challenge what they are told and question authority. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass trying to control them, but I prefer it to autonomatrons who hang on every word, suck up and do everything it takes to get an A or B as they do in college.

At the same time, in a real revolution, that which is destroyed must be replaced with something better. Hamas provides services to their people when not setting off suicide bombers. The Shining Path used to believe that life in the base areas had to be an improvement over the past. Schools and medical centers had to be an improvement. Old culture had to be replaced with new culture.

So for now, I think I'll go back to ripping lousy politicians, hard to figure out Da Da pieces and just plain old rants.

Works for me.

史蒂夫 奥多

No comments: