Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Advertising is a pain in our asses

By SJ Otto
It is everywhere. And it can drive us crazy. I turn on the TV in the morning and I almost always see an ad.=> Life insurance- weight loss pills- exercising machines- cars- all kinds of food; How can we live without all of this stuff? We are watching these ads every day we watch the TV. We hear it on the radio. Malware puts ads in our computers. Early in the morning while I look for a sub job for the day (I'm a substitute teacher and each day I have to look on a computer site for a teacher who is absent and needs a replacement). Then "POW!" It hits me. There is a loud noise as someone wants me to buy lawn furniture or a car!!! In the corner of my computer screen there is a little box that makes loud noises trying to sell me something I don't want to buy. I can't click it off for at least 10 seconds. Then I go to a sub page only to be redirected to a full page ad I never wanted to see.
The YouTube below is interesting except it has ads that pop up every few minutes to interrupt what I was watching and tries to sell me something I never wanted and never will want!

At least if you go to the YouTube page this thing is full of advertising. Imagine this being stopped every few minutes for advertising!? 

10 IMMORTAL ANIMALS


1 comment:

minicab index said...

PCO Car Hire - Are you a PCO driver looking for ways to diversify and build your income