Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Friday, July 10, 2015

Yellowstone mead—it cost a lot, but taste cheap

By Otto

Over my vacation in Yellowstone National Park I picked up some bottles of mead in a small general store. the mead was made by Hidden Legend Winery in Victor, Montana. I bought a bottle of pure honey mead and one with Huckle-Berry in it. They cost about $20 each and I had to check my luggage in at the airport which cost me another $25.
I thought this wine would be good since the huckle berries they used for the one wine is made from huckle berries grown in that area.
So how did this wine taste? Really bad. It tasted cheap, as a pop wine, such as Boones Farm. What ever process they used it was cheap and the wine reflected that in its taste. Since I spent so much money on the wine, I went ahead and drank it. It took me almost two days to get the cheap sugary wine taste out of my mouth. I didn't get an actual hangover, but that taste stuck with me and it was not pleasant. For a while I couldn't drink any red wine and after a few days I still couldn't stand to drink any sweet wine. 




No comments: