Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Monday, June 29, 2015

Brews and boos are found in various states- Yellowstone

By Otto
One thing I learned on my trip, last week, was that craft beers are now going regional. Most states now have beer and other liquors being made in their own jurisdiction. This is probably a good economic project for each of the various states. Here in Kansas we have Wild Wood Cellars based out of Mulvane, KS. It sells mostly elderberry wine and elderberry related wines, such as elderflower wine and elderberry mead. There are breweries, such as River City Brewing  Co, in Wichita.
While vacationing near Yellowstone National Park, I had the opportunity to try several locally produced brews and alcohol.
There was Pig Ass Porter, a rather light tasting beer for that type of brew. It was good, but not the best thing I tried. The beer is brewed by Harvest Moon Brewing Co. in Belt Montana. There was also Moose Drool also brewed in Montana. It is made by Big Sky Brewing Co. This beer was a brown ale and I found it a lot more stout and thick than Pig Ass. I like the stouter more thick and flavorful beers.
Then there is Yellowstone Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which was actually made by Yellowstone Distillery Co. in St. Louis, Mo. It was only named for Yellowstone. It was OK whiskey. But it wasn't aged very much.
What I really found fascinating was the mead made by Hidden Legend Winery Victor, Montana. I bought a bottle of pure honey mead and one with Huckle-Berry in it. huckle berries are grown in that area. I have not tasted that product yet, but I will soon and report back on it.
So I enjoyed many alcohol flavors that I probably can't get here in Kansas. As time goes on I hope to try more flavors of more states and countries.
Yumm!   

Here is Pig Ass Porter and Yellowstone Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
I can't wait to try my Yellowstone Mead.

No comments: