Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Friday, April 03, 2015

Sherry can break the ennui

From F5:

My wine drinking seems to be routine right now. Everything picked up recently is a red blend from California. There are many other interesting wines available, and it's difficult to admit I am suffering from "wine ennui syndrome." No, this isn't a real syndrome, but it very well could be in the wine world. Wine ennui can be described as wine drinkers finding a varietal they enjoy and that's the end of it — the search is over. We continue to drink the same thing over and over and forget to be adventurous and try something new. I am guilty of this myself, so a decision was made. It is time to deal with this syndrome and get some help. Picking up my laptop, I pulled up Wine Folly (if you're not familiar with it, check it out). I did some research and made a list of wines I wanted to try. I am on a mission. Upon entering the liquor store this past week, I ventured to the dark side and visited the Moscato aisle. I'm not saying Moscato isn't worthy, just saying it's not one of my favorites and I rarely drink it. I kept moving forward past the champagnes, sparkling types and dessert wines. It felt like wine ennui therapy. You know, facing my fears and coming to terms with my insecurities. I was feeling anxious and a bit nervous, but knew this was something I had to do. I reached down and grabbed a bottle of Taylor Dry Sherry. This is totally foreign to me, but knew if I wanted to achieve wine health and knowledge, it must be done.

For the rest click here.


No comments: