Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Monday, September 15, 2014

Ozark Music Festival lives again in documentary

I am looking forward to seeing this film. I was interviewed for it. I hope they used my interview. It was a great experience and I wrote about it in my book, Memoirs of a Drugged-Up, Sex-Crazed Yippie.
-Otto

From the Sedalia Democrat;
Resurrected after 40 years, the infamous Ozark Music Festival will live again July 19 and 20 with an 84-minute film premiere created by Jeff Lujin, owner of Dustbin Film LLC in Independence.
“The Ozark Music Festival: 3 Days of Sodom and Gomorrah” will be shown at Convention Hall at Liberty Park in two different screenings Saturday evening July 19 and a Sunday July 20 matinee.

The rock n’ roll festival that brought in bands such as Aerosmith, The Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd and REO Speedwagon, blindsided Sedalia at the time with approximately 180,000 to 200,000 rowdy fans pouring into town. Fans ran amok while drugs flowed, crimes were committed and one man lost his life during the festival.
Lujin, formerly of Sedalia and a 1989 Sacred Heart High School graduate, has been working on the documentary for six years.
“Well it wasn’t what I expected,” Lujin said of making the film. “I initially started out six years ago thinking that we’d be done for the 35th anniversary, that it would be a short film and it’s turned into a sort of an epic. We’ve interviewed over 200 people and are pretty sure we’ve found every scrap of film that can be found out there. I’m pretty certain that I’m the world’s biggest expert on the Ozark Music Festival.”
Lujin, 43, became involved with creating the film because a friend sent him an undercover Missouri State Highway Patrol report about the event six years ago.

For the rest click here.

No comments: