Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Monday, May 19, 2014

Aquarium fish: paradise lost

About a week ago I put some mosquitofish in my new fish tank. I wanted to put some native fish in it. But what I didn’t count on was my gourami, usually a peaceful fish, constantly picking on all three of the new fish. Eventually one died, the little one got eaten by one of my newts and the largest fish was hiding and wounded. I let her go in a nearby creak where I caught them all.
I will try to put other fish in there later, more gouramis and I will try to find some other minnows. It is sad that animals from different places don’t like each other that much. I wanted to create multicultural piece of the world were Asians, North Americans and others could get together and live in peace….maybe another time.

No comments: