Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lives of quite desperation

I saw the movie John Dillinger. I liked it. But it was depressing. The group lived for the day, a sweet life, followed by a quick death. There time had come and gone. The lived it up while they were heroes and died when their deeds were outdated and they were acronyms of the past. That’s too bad. I wish I had the nerve to live as a bank robber or master thief of some type, running away on a horse or a fast car. But alas, I am only a mortal coward destined to take whatever society throws out to me. A bone, a crust of bread and loads of in-humility. Maybe if I were younger I would be dead by now. Or maybe if I were braver I would be dead by now. But I live, the quite life of desperation.


No comments: