Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy what ever day to me!!!

Ah yes birthdays. I want to thank all of you who sent me a birthday greetings. It was nice to hear from my Myspace friends, some of who actually live near by.
I plan to celebrate my birthday later this week with my friends. But yesterday was my real birthday so I decided to reflect on myself and I spent it by myself going to some of my favorite haunts.
I can't drink booze because I just came from the doctor, a few days ago, and my blood tests were all screwed up. I don't even know what all those number mean, I only know they were all too high. So getting shit faced on booze just wasn't an option. I did have some old mind altering pills left over from other doctor visits, but that's not the same as a good ol' fashion drinking binge.
So my evening went over with as much fun as watching bricks dry in the sun. I went to a bar/coffee bar my friends and I call The Wanker. I drank two near beers, downed some more pills and went home.
My wife and I went to a near by restaurant I like, that serves mostly oriental food. I ate some sushi, and other raw fish, along with octopus and frog legs. That was the high light of my evening. Those Orientals really know how to not cook a good meal. But it was the high light if my evening, followed by watching A Clockwork Orange, which I've seen a million times, but there was nothing on TV and I hate spending all night at a DVD rental trying to find a good movie I haven't seen yet.
When we're young we celebrate the birthdays that let us drive, let us drink, let us get marred (and later wonder if it was such a good idea after all), we hit the milestones of 30, 40 and realize we still have a life, then it's all down hill. Your just a year closer to the grave or that tin of ashes (see The Big Lebowski).
It reminds me of those great quotes:
"Today could be the last day of what's left of your life."
"Today could be the first day of what's left of your life."
"In many ways, we are all corpses that don't need to be buried quite yet."
"Some days suck because they don't not suck"
I could go on and on. But hopefully this weekend I will make up for it.
A friend said he would send me a birthday video. HE LIED!


No comments: