Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween is my favorite time of the year

Halloween is my favorite time of the year. It was the most important of the Ancient Druid holidays also known as Samhein.

It was the celebration of the fall harvest, but it was also the night of the dead, where the spirits could cross over and visit the living.

I’ve never seen a spirit, but some people say they have.

I enjoy making my favorite holiday brew; a gallon cider fermented with a handful of wormwood, three pumpkin flowers and of course, yeast.

Then there’s the insence that I love so well, wormwood mixed with moon flower, AKA jimsonweed. As a mild insence it is not a powerful hallucinogenic. It just gives a mild head buzz.

Anyway, just sit in a graveyard and put a circle of pumpkin heads (plastic will work or even some other material) around you with black candles in them, burn a mixture of moonflower, yew and wormwood and if you sit there ½ an hour and wait, you might see a spirit or two – especially if you are in the graveyard at midnight on Halloween, that is the high time of magic.









No comments: